“We are meddling with God’s business when we let all manner of imaginings loose, predicting disaster, contemplating possibilities instead of following, one day at a time, God’s plain and simple pathway. When we try to meet difficulties prematurely, we have neither the light nor the strength for them yet.”
What a helpful reminder from Elisabeth Elliot to not set our minds on our own imaginations of the future but trust God’s simple and plain path one day at a time. We hope these resources will assist you to do just that.
- COVID-19: Living by Probabilities or Providence by Michael Emlet— A wonderful article from our friends at CCEF to encourage our faith in God’s providence.
- Tears May Tarry for Now by Carolyn Mahaney— Carolyn provides timely wisdom in this article from the book of Ecclesiastes on what it looks like to see and trust God even through tears.
- Practice Hospitality, Especially during COVID-19 by Rosaria Butterfield— Rosaria helps us think through practical and wise ways to extend hospitality to those around us.
- A Shelter in the Time of Storm by Paul Tripp— Crossway has made this excellent devotional on Psalm 27 available for free to help make God your refuge in the midst of trouble.
- When I’m Anxious, I Remember— A rich collection of Scriptures and quotes, like the one above, to help steady your soul.
- CCK Legacy’s Women Podcast— Ladies, enjoy listening to the most recent episode with Jani Ortlund and Julie Lowe answering questions from our recent women’s conference.
- Psalm 46 by Tony Carter