Cornerstone Church of Knoxville offers Children's Ministry on Sunday mornings designed to provide a safe and fun environment for children. We are grateful for our dedicated team of over 200 volunteers who serve by teaching and caring for the children. While parents attend the Sunday meeting, classes for infants through 11 year olds offer age-appropriate activities designed to teach children about God and His Word.
The philosophy of Children's Ministry (CM) is to supplement and reinforce the efforts of parents in teaching their children, while enabling the parents to participate in the worship of the Savior and engage in the preaching of the Word of God.
Thinking about visiting for the first time? Signing up your child is easy! Simply go to the Guest Check-In window in the lobby and we will be glad to serve you and answer any questions you may have. You are welcome to stay with your child and observe the class when you visit.
Curriculum and Family Devotionals...
In 2013, we began using the Gospel Story for Kids Curriculum. This curriculum is saturated with the gospel, walks through the Bible one story at a time, and offers devotions for families to use at home. We are excited about the devotions in the books Long Story Short and Old Story New (available at the CCK Bookstore or online), because:
- the devotions are easy to use, preplanned, and take 5-10 minutes each
- families and the church move at the same pace through the Bible
- each week families will focus on the gospel in each and every story
Most weeks follow along with the Gospel Story OT and Gospel Story NT devotional, except for holiday weeks.
We are also very excited about our new curriculum for 4th and 5th grade, New City Catechism. This curriculum is 52 Questions and Answers that walk through the fundamentals of what we believe about God and the Bible. Our hope is that children will age out of our Children's Ministry with a rooted understanding about Who Jesus is and What He has done for us.
|Week of...||Gospel Story for Kids||New City Catechism|
|September 1||Lesson 65 The Gift of Men||Q5-What else did God create?|
|September 8||Lesson 66 Putting Off the Old Self||Q6-How can we glorify God?|
Lesson 67 The Armor of God
|Q7-What does the law of God require?|
|September 22||Lesson 68 The Humility of Christ||Q8-What is the law of God stated in the Ten Commandments?|
|September 29||Lesson 69 Keep Your Eyes on the Prize||Q9-What does God require in the first, second, and third commandments?|
|October 6||Lesson 70 Character Counts||Q10-What does God require in the fourth and fifth commandments?|
|October 13||Lesson 71 God Breathed the Scriptures||Q11-What does God require in the sixth, seventh, and eighth commandments?|
|October 20||Lesson 72 The Heart's Desires||Q12-What does God require in the ninth and tenth commandments?|
|October 27||Lesson 73 Born Again!||Q13-Can anyone keep the law of God perfectly?|
|November 3||Lesson 74 God's Word is Living||Q14-Did God create us unable to keep His law?|
|November 10||Lesson 75 By Faith||Q15-Since no one can keep the law, what is its purpose?|
|November 17||Lesson 76 Loving One Another||Q16-What is sin?|
|November 24||Lesson 77 Worthy is the Lamb||Q17-What is idolatry?|
Your Child's Safety
The safety of your children is a priority to us. All children are checked in and out through an identification numbering system to ensure their safety. Additionally, all our volunteers are trained, screened via official background checks, and approved by our pastoral team. We also have strict standards on the ratio of adults to children in all our classrooms as well as a safety team who are present to ensure the safety of the entire Children's Ministry area. For your child's health, all children must be free from fever or symptoms of contagious disease for 24 hours. Please let us know of any allergies or medical conditions your child may have.
First time visitors, please follow these easy check-in procedures:
1. Go to the Guest Check-In Window. We will collect information on your child and make sure they are assigned to the proper class and collect any allergy information for snack. We will be happy to escort you to the proper class.
2. Get your child's nametag. We will provide a nametag displaying your child's name and an assigned number that is to be place prominently on your child's clothing.
3. Get your parent's keytag. We will provide you a keytag that includes your child's number. This keytag is required for you to gain access to our Children's Ministry area and to drop off and pick up your child. Also, if your child has a need during class, the number assigned to your child will be posted digitally in the auditorium to alert you.
4. Pick up your child. At the conclusion of the service, please return to your child's classroom and pick up your child using the key tag you were provided with your child's assigned number. You may then return the keytag to the Guest Check-In Window.
Serving in Children's Ministry
CCK's Children's Ministry is volunteer-supported, which means we are always in need of help! If you are looking for a way to serve, please consider serving in CM. This is a fun, practical way to serve the kids and parents in our church.
In order to provide the safest environment for these children, all CM workers must be a member and fill out a volunteer application. The information on this application will allow us to run a criminal background check. The minimum age for volunteering is 12 years old.