The mission of the Compassion team at CCK is to care for the vulnerable (Poor/Special Needs, Immigrants, Widows, Orphans) in Knoxville and beyond for the glory of God done both individually and as a corporate body.
Current Opportunities to Serve the Community
Thrive Flooring Project
- Join a group of volunteers to support the launch of the new Middle school program at Thrive Parkridge
- July 25th and August 1st - RSVP with Leyton Adams
Thrive Parkridge Meals
Thrive Parkridge Volunteer Tutoring and Teaching Opportunities
- Learn more about Thrive and how to serve - many opportunities for tutoring & mentoring exist.
- Contact Julia Moles to learn more.
The Village - School Supply Drive
- Support the foster care community with donations of school supplies
- Contact Mia Slager at email@example.com
Jobs For Life Info Session - Many Career Experiences are welcome and needed
- Currently seeking volunteers interested in using their gifts and resources to share the love of Christ through mentoring and offering help in finding meaningful employment.
- This project was put on hold due to Covid-19 but we are currently prayerfully considering how to move forward with this exciting project that would fit a huge need in the East Knoxville community.
- Contact Rachel Hovis to learn more
Street Hope Monthly Prayer Event at CCK.
Senior Care - Morning Pointe Visits
- Currently on Hold due to Covid-19.
- Building friendships and serving seniors at the Morning Pointe senior center near the church building.
- Contact Suzanne McNeill to learn more.
Other Ways to Serve on the Compassion Ministry at CCK
- We always have opportunities on the planning team to coordinate volunteer activities. This team meetings every 2nd Sunday at 9AM prior to Service at the church building.
- Pray for this ministry and how we can share the love of Christ in the community
- Follow the CCK Compassion Facebook and Instagram pages and help spread the word when volunteer needs arise.
- The compassion ministry at CCK exists to use the gifts and resources of CCK to share the love of Christ to vulnerable populations in Knoxville, Tennessee. We know we can't do everything, but will always consider new ideas and opportunities on how to best serve. If you have ideas or would like to learn more contact Corey Moles.