The mission of the Compassion team at CCK is to care for the vulnerable (Poor/Special Needs, Immigrants, Widows, Orphans) in Knoxville and beyond for the glory of God done both individually and as a corporate body.
Current Opportunities to Serve the Community
Little Miss Shining Star
- OPEN DOORS TN is proud to provide an opportunity for girls with disabilities to be able to have their moment to shine on stage by providing the Miss Shining Star pageant at no charge for girls ages 2 to 99. This year's pageant will be on November 14th at Cornerstone Church. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us at Mail@cckchurch.com.
Thrive Parkridge Volunteer Tutoring and Teaching Opportunities
- There are still opportunities to sign up for this fall.
- Click here to learn more
The Village - School Supply Drive
- Support the foster care community with donations of school supplies
- Contact Mia Slager at email@example.com
Jobs For Life Info Session - Many Career Experiences are welcome and needed
- Currently seeking volunteers interested in using their gifts and resources to share the love of Christ through mentoring and offering help in finding meaningful employment.
- This project was put on hold due to Covid-19 but we are currently prayerfully considering how to move forward with this exciting project that would fit a huge need in the East Knoxville community.
- Contact Rachel Hovis to learn more
Street Hope Monthly Prayer Event at CCK.
- Join the Street Hope Team in prayer to fight for justice against human trafficking in East Tennessee
- Hosted at CCK Building the last Tuesday night of each month from 7-9 PM
- Contact Kaki Hurley to learn more
- Praises for an amazing HOPE WILL RISE event! I have posted a link if anyone would like to watch it ! It is worth it! Check it out here.
- Prayer night every month is hosted at CCK on the last Tuesday of each month.
Senior Care - Morning Pointe Visits
- Currently on Hold due to Covid-19.
- Building friendships and serving seniors at the Morning Pointe senior center near the church building.
- Contact Suzanne McNeill to learn more.
Other Ways to Serve on the Compassion Ministry at CCK
- We always have opportunities on the planning team to coordinate volunteer activities. This team meetings every 2nd Sunday at 9AM prior to Service at the church building.
- Pray for this ministry and how we can share the love of Christ in the community
- Follow the CCK Compassion Facebook and Instagram pages and help spread the word when volunteer needs arise.
- The compassion ministry at CCK exists to use the gifts and resources of CCK to share the love of Christ to vulnerable populations in Knoxville, Tennessee. We know we can't do everything, but will always consider new ideas and opportunities on how to best serve. If you have ideas or would like to learn more contact Corey Moles.