To care for and serve the poor and needy in our community and beyond for the glory of God in acts of service done both individually and as a corporate body.
What we're doing currently
Our partnership with Sarah Moore Greene Elementary school is one we truly cherish. On July 29th and August 5th you can donate school supplies before or after Sunday service. Supplies needed: backpacks, large hand sanitizer, kleenex, crayons, pencils, and paper. Cash donations are also accepted.
Ways to Connect
Like us on Facebook to get the latest updates and announcements.
Looking for some ideas on how to serve individually or with your family? The following is a summary of some ministry areas that the Compassion Team and CCK are actively serving in:
1. Hope Resource Center – Hope is a life-affirming ministry that impacts and transforms people with the love of Jesus Christ. Hope works with men and women struggling with unplanned pregnancies. Volunteers are needed at Hope to serve as greeters, peer counselors, mentors and teachers for parenting and life-skills classes.
2. Knox Area Rescue Ministries – KARM serves the needy and homeless of Knoxville. Whether it’s a serving a meal, assisting with one of KARM’s many programs, or just lending an ear, you can help serve our community in Jesus’ name. For more information, you can contact CCK’s Compassion Team liaison Heather Brack (email@example.com) and/or KARM at 865-633-7653.
3. Prison Ministry Every Thursday from 6:30pm-7:30pm you can go along with CCK’s Compassion Team to the Knox Country Detention Facility. There are certain training and orientation requirements to be able to serve. Contact Marwan Brack if you are interested in learning more.
4. Orphan Care and Adoption – CCK’s Compassion Team partners with Orphan Care ministries such as Covenant Mercies (who assists with orphan homes in Africa) Feeding the Orphans (a non profit organization based here in Knoxville that provides orphan sponsorships, clean water and family preservation in Ghana) and Rancho 3M (an orphanage in Mexico). CCK is also a partner church with KAFCAM (Knox Area Foster Care and Adoption Ministries) which collaborates in providing conferences and resources for our region.
5. Helping At-Risk Kids – Cornerstone partners with several organizations committed to working with inner city kids including Thrive, Amachi and Emerald Youth. We also partner as a church with Sarah Moore Greene Elementary School an inner-city school about three miles from downtown Knoxville. For more information on volunteering at Sarah Moore Green please email Bill Cahill. To find out more about volunteering at Thrive contact Emilee Stanley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
6. Bridge Refugee Services - You can help resettle refugees who have fled their homeland due to fear of persecution by empowering them to become self-sufficient. For more information check out their website.
7. Mobile Meals - deliver meals to elderly shut ins, one of the most underserved poor in our city. For more information contact Rachel Hovis (email@example.com) or call Mobile Meals at 524-2786.
8. Other ways to get involved include KARM’s Baskets of Hope at Thanksgiving, the Angel Tree program at Christmas, Inasmuch United Knoxville in the spring, quarterly 2nd Harvest Food Drives and other ministries throughout the year. Watch the church calendar for more information on upcoming Compassion Team events.
Want to Get More Involved?
Become a Compassion Ministry Team volunteer! Please email Bill Cahill (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marwan Brack (email@example.com) and we will contact you about additional opportunities to serve.