November 4, 2020
7:00pm – 10:00pm
We are a people saved by grace! Now, we get to proclaim it to the next generation. At Relay, we want to come alongside parents to help transfer the gospel to our youth.
First and foremost, Relay is for our youth
- Relay is for anyone grades 6 thru 12.
- We meet once a month and we design these meetings with youth in mind.
- Our goal is that we would not assume or confuse the gospel, but make it explicit and clear.
- At our meetings, we have worship, games, a 30-minute message, and then some discussion time to think thru how the message applies to our life. We then have snacks and games for an hour or two afterwards.
- In addition to our monthly meeting, we also have a fun event each month. Recently, we’ve had: bubble ball soccer, tubing in Townsend, paintball, etc…
- We also have an annual retreat called Advance.
Relay is also for parents
- Since we want to partner with parents in transferring the gospel, we invite parents to everything we do. You are welcome to come and listen, discuss, participate, and play.
- Deuteronomy 6:4-9 says, “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.”
- At Relay, we want to champion parents and the unique role they play in their child’s life. Our goal is not to take their place, but to encourage and support what they are already doing.