If you are interested in signing up for The Foundry please click here
The Men’s Ministry mission is to serve and edify our church and community by encouraging men in the pursuit of and promoting of biblical manhood through teaching, events, and ministry unique to men.
We believe men and women are equal as persons before God and yet unique and different by creation. Both Adam and Eve were created in God’s image yet given distinct roles and responsibilities (Genesis 1:26-27, 2:18). In his distinct roles and responsibilities, man is called to lead, protect, and provide in varying ways according to his relationships.
John Piper defines it this way in What’s the Difference?: “At the heart of mature masculinity is a sense of benevolent responsibility to lead, provide for and protect women in ways appropriate to a man’s differing relationships” (p. 23).
This call to lead expresses itself rightly as men seek to serve and sacrifice for the good of others, following the example of Christ and exhibiting true greatness (Mark 10:42-45). Embracing biblical manhood includes turning from the sins of passivity and domineering.
Moreover, all men are called to serve and lead others (Luke 22:26). All men are called to secure undivided devotion to God (1 Corinthians 7:25-35). All men are called to “act like men” (Joshua 1:6; 1 Kings 2:2, 1 Corinthians 16:13). However, this call to lead is applied in varying according to a man’s relationships (for married men, Eph 5:25 and 1 Corinthians 11:3) and season of life (for younger men, Titus 2:2; for older men, Titus 2:6).
Therefore, the CCK Men’s Ministry seeks to encourage the pursuit and promotion of biblical manhood in the life of each man, though its expression will different according to his relationships.
- MAN-age Courses: Seminars focused on basics for men including planning, finances, insurance, and more.
- The Foundry: Morning meetings training men on spiritual disciplines
- CornerstoneU: Ongoing training on topics relevant to men
Men's Ministry Events:
- Father-Son Campout (yearly, usually in the spring)
- Golf Tournament (yearly, usually in the summer)
- Men’s Conference (every other year)
- What’s the Difference?, by John Piper (free download)
- “Marks of a Spiritual Leader” by John Piper
- Conviction to Lead by Al Mohler
- Humility by C.J. Mahaney
Devotion to God:
Ambition, Calling, and Ministry: