We'll be going to Fort Bluff Camp in Dayton, TN from July 26-28 this year! $85/person if yousign-up by June 5th. Price includes lodging, meals and activities. Activities will inculde messages, parent/teen breakouts, worship, games, water-slide, human foosball, water blob, swimming pool, gaga ball, and our annual clash of clans!
We are excited to have Mickey Connolly as our guest speak.
To keep the costs as low as possible we are making Advance T-shirts optional this year. You can purchase them for $10 each as an additional item when checking out.
You can sign-up here.
We have a call, as a church, to transfer the gospel to the next generation. This might be the most important legacy we leave as a church. DA Carson says, “Losing the gospel doesn’t happen all at once, its much more like a four generation process:
- The gospel is accepted
- The gospel is assumed
- The gospel is confused
- Finally, The gospel is lost.
We are a people saved by grace! Now, we get to proclaim it to the next generation. At Relay, we want to come alongside parents to help transfer the gospel to our youth.
First and foremost, Relay is for our youth
- Relay is for anyone grades 6 thru 12.
- We meet once a month and we design these meetings with youth in mind.
- Our goal is that we would not assume or confuse the gospel, but make it explicit and clear.
- At our meetings, we have worship, games, a 30-minute message, and then some discussion time to think thru how the message applies to our life. We then have snacks and games for an hour or two afterwards.
- In addition to our monthly meeting, we also have a fun event each month. Recently, we’ve had: bubble ball soccer, tubing in Townsend, paintball, etc…
- We also have an annual retreat called Advance.
Relay is also for parents
- Since we want to partner with parents in transferring the gospel, we invite parents to everything we do. You are welcome to come and listen, discuss, participate, and play.
- Deuteronomy 6:4-9 says, “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.”
- At Relay, we want to champion parents and the unique role they play in their child’s life. Our goal is not to take their place, but to encourage and support what they are already doing.
You can find our upcoming meeting times and activities on the church calendar.
Every Summer, Relay takes a few days to build up our youth, encourage them, teach and have some fun! We call it Advance. Here is a video of Advance 2016: